- Student visa;
- PBS (Student) Dependant;
- Studying at Cranfield with a visitor visa;
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS);
- CAS numbers;
- Other visa categories on which you can study.
学生来克兰菲尔德学习JDB电子游戏下载的全日制课程之一, some part-time research programmes, or our English for Academic Purposes (EAP) programme, will need to apply for a Student visa. Students coming to Cranfield to study one of our short courses or most of our part-time programmes will need to apply for a visitor visa.
Please read the following information carefully, 如果你有任何关于移民的问题，请 email us.
Information for EEA and Swiss students
适用于2020年12月31日晚上11点之后抵达英国的人士, (在英国脱欧过渡期结束后)，你将必须根据英国脱欧法案申请签证 Student visa route in place for all international students. 你可以在课程开始后的6个月内申请学生签证. To apply under the Student visa route you will need to be issued a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) by Cranfield University. You will be able to complete your application, including identity verification, using a smartphone app called (ID Check). Some applicants may need to attend a Visa Application Centre if they are unable to access the application, or if they do not have a biometric passport. The UK Government published a guide for EEA students which provides more information. 欧洲经济区和瑞士护照持有者在英国学习不需要ATAS证书.
Graduate route visa
研究生路线签证是一种新的两年(博士研究生为三年)工作签证. Students holding a valid Tier 4 or Student visa, who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at a UK Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance, 能够申请留在英国工作或找工作吗.
IMPORTANT: Please do not submit an application until you meet all the eligibility criteria below otherwise you risk a visa refusal and/or losing your application fee.
- Must be on a Tier 4 or Student visa.
- 必须在Tier 4/学生签证到期前在英国境内申请. 不可能在英国以外的地方申请研究生签证.
- 您将需要您在最近的Tier 4/学生签证申请中使用的CAS号码.
You must obtain 70 points in total. The areas that points will be awarded for are:
- Successful completion requirement,
- Qualification requirement,
- Study in the UK requirement.
为了使申请有效(接受)，还必须满足某些要求。. The following sections provide further information:
- Successful completion requirement
- The University will need to confirm your course has been successfully completed by the date of application. The University aims to report all successful completion to UKVI within 2 weeks of you receiving your pass letter
- Qualification requirement
- This requirement will be met as long as you have successfully completed a course for which you have been or will be awarded, such as a master’s degree, MPhil or PhD. PGCert和PGDip奖学金目前不符合研究生路线.
- If the course title changed but the course content remained unchanged you could still meet this requirement.
- 如果你持有学生许可(签证)来担任学生会的休假官职位, the course must have been successfully completed within the last grant of student permission to study as a student. 如果你已经休过两次学生休假，请与JDB电子游戏下载联系.
- Study in the UK requirement
MINIMUM PERIOD OF STUDY REQUIRED IN THE UK
Less than 12 months
Full duration of course
More than 12 months
Minimum 12 months
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, many students are studying online/via blended learning during the last academic year and are outside the UK. Students will still be eligible for the Graduate route visa as long as they are able to meet one of the following situations:
Students on courses of 12 months or less
- If you started the course in 2020 or spring 2021 through distance learning and you are entering UK for the first time, 你必须在学生许可到期前或27岁之前到达th September 2021, whichever is sooner.
- 如果你在2021年秋季或2022年春季开始学习课程，你必须最迟在30岁之前进入英国th June 2022. However, 建议你尽快去英国旅行，不要等到2022年6月.
- If you are a student with existing student permission who began a course of 12 months or less in 2020 or 2021, already travelled to the UK during that period of student permission and then returned home for period of distance learning, you will be able to make a graduate route application if you are present in the UK before the end date of that student permission.
Students on courses of longer than 12 months
If your course is longer than 12 months, the following periods of distance learning will not prevent you from applying for the Graduate route visa:
- 24/01/2020 - 27/09/2021 any distance learning in the UK or overseas.
- 27/09/2021 - 30/06/2022 any distance learning overseas only.
研究生路线没有经济要求. Unlike other visas, you will not need to keep a certain amount of money in your bank account or submit bank statements with your visa application.
- Application fee: £700
- Immigration Health Surcharge: £624 per year. 硕士毕业生的两年签证费用为1248英镑，博士毕业生的三年签证费用为1872英镑.
When to apply
You should submit a visa application after you have been awarded and meet all the eligibility criteria but before your Student/Tier 4 visa expires.
你的学位必须由大学授予并确认给UKVI. The University aims to report all successful completion to UKVI within 2 weeks of you receiving your pass letter. 通过信通常在考试日期后的2-3周内处理.
如果你在课程结束后还有任何未完成的评估, you will have to bear in mind an estimated award date. 如果是在你的签证到期日之后，这可能会影响你的研究生签证资格.
有关研究生路线签证的更多信息，请参阅 UKVI and UKCISA websites.
Cranfield University is implementing a range of activities to enable its graduates to take advantage of Government proposals to allow international students to work in the UK after graduation.
Find out more about the support Cranfield offers
Using eGates at the border
Since 2019, nationals from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and the United States of America have been able to use eGate entry at the border in 15 UK airports and the Eurotunnel.
- You are eligible to use the eGates, however, we will require proof that you entered the UK during the validity period of your vignette (entry visa in your passport). As such, 请务必携带登机牌等证据, 登记时可订机票或机票.
- Similarly, 如果你是短期学习，少于6个月，或者是兼职学习, distance learning course then when you arrive on campus we will need to see evidence such as your boarding pass, flight tickets or flight booking. 通过使用gate，您将成为标准访问签证持有者(请参阅下文)
All other nationalities and visa holders must use the standard entry points and be seen by a border force officer.
We offer advice and guidance on how to apply for the Student visa from both inside and outside the UK. We can also help with the following visas:
- Student visa for full-time and part-time students;
- Doctorate Extension Scheme;
- Schengen visa;
- Studying at Cranfield on a visitor visa;
- Skilled Worker Route (formerly Tier 2 visa);
- Start-up visa (formerly Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur).
Studying at Cranfield with a visitor visa
- If you are studying a part-time course of study that is longer than 6 months and meets the definition of a distance learning course. For visa purposes a distance learning course is one where you do less than 56 days of study on-campus in the UK in any 6 month period.
If your study is one of the above options then instead of receiving a CAS and applying for a student visa then you will instead apply for a visitor visa or if you are a non-visa national you receive one when you arrive to the UK. If you are unclear on the visa type that is appropriate for your study at Cranfield please contact the Student Immigration and Funding team – firstname.lastname@example.org.
访问签证的期限通常为6个月. However, “标准访问者”也可以申请访问签证, five or ten year validity period. Whilst such visas will allow for multiple entry, 每次访问的最长时间为六个月.
You do not need to apply for a visitor visa before travelling if you are a non-visa national (check whether the country you are a citizen of appears on the visa national list), you can apply to enter the UK as a visitor on arrival at the port of entry unless you have previously 曾违反移民法或有犯罪记录.
If you do not apply for a visitor visa before you travel, you will need to produce all the documents to support your application to enter the UK as a visitor to the Border Force Officer when you arrive at the port of entry to the UK. 这包括您希望作为游客在英国进行的研究的证据, an ATAS certificate if applicable and evidence of your finances in order to satisfy the genuineness requirement.
If you are a visa national then you must apply for entry clearance as a visitor before you travel to the UK. You have to fill the application in and pay for it online 并提交相关证明文件，包括:
- A valid travel document;
- 证明你有足够的钱在英国期间养活自己. 你需要证明你有能力支付任何适用的学费、住宿费和生活费. There are no specific requirements which state the amount of money you must show when you apply for a visitor visa. However you must show that you have enough money to cover your course fees plus accommodation and living expenses. Using the Student maintenance figures as a guide only, 证明你有相当于1英镑的钱是合理的,023 per month for the duration of your studies. 在英国期间是否与朋友或家人住在一起, which will decrease your living costs, you can include evidence of this;
- 所有其他适用的证明文件(如适用) Home Office's website on supporting documents for visitor applications to the UK. 您还需要提供任何非英文文件的翻译件.
Application fees for six months visitor visa: £95
- 2 years - £361
- 5 years - £655
- 10 years - £822
Application processing time: 3 weeks on average
Meet the Student Immigration Team
Head of Student Immigration and Compliance
Student Immigration and Compliance Manager
Student Immigration Advisor